There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
This post aims to inspire more women to continue this fight—to prove to the world that they are intense, phenomenal, and extraordinary. We share with you words of encouragement that can motivate you to keep getting stronger.
To start, let’s look at some statements about what a “strong woman” is.
What You Will Learn
Words of Encouragement and Strength for Women
1. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
2. “So what's the antidote for loneliness? It's getting out of self. You've heard the phrase, “Spread the love?” Well, that's what you have to do, girl! You've got to get busy. Love those who are available to be loved right now!” – Michelle McKinney Hammond
“So what's the antidote for loneliness? It's getting out of self. You've heard the phrase, “Spread the love?” Well, that's what you have to do, girl! You've got to get busy. Love those who are available to be loved right now!” – Michelle McKinney Hammond
3. “I do not wish women to have power over men, but over themselves.” – Mary Shelley
4. “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
5. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
6. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
7. “The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will.” – Amy Tenney
8. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” – Coco Chanel
9. “In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform.” – Diane Mariechild
11. “Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them.” – Candace Bushnell
12. “Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion.” – Martha Graham
13. “You can tell the strength of a nation by the women behind its men.” – Benjamin Disraeli
14. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
15. “Stay strong. Stand up. Have a voice.” – Shawn Johnson
16. “If you can dance and be free and be embarrassed, you can rule the world.” – Amy Poehler
17. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
18. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
19. “The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” – Susan B. Anthony
“The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” – Susan B. Anthony
20. “If you don’t see a clear path for what you want, sometimes you have to make it yourself.” – Mindy Kaling
21. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
22. “Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.” – Marilyn Monroe
23. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton
You do not have to be physically tough to show the world how strong you are. It is all about dedication and willpower. I see a lot of women with courage and guts who can do things that even the strongest men cannot.
Sometimes, men fear the strength of determined women. But this is what it means to become a “strong, independent woman”—the ability to demonstrate grit and resilience despite all the challenges that you may face.
This brings us to our second set of quotes. How do women triumph over crushed dreams and broken bones? Again, grit and resilience.
Words of Encouragement for Hard Times
24. “I want to show you that God doesn't expect you to be happy about what has been torn from your hands—whether it's a marriage, your health, a job, or someone you love—but if you are willing to trust him, he can turn trash into triumph.” – Levi Lusko
25. “If you're not making mistakes, then you're not making decisions.” – Catherine Cook
26. “When there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
27. “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” – Roseanne Barr
28. “You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearth fires, not much to look at, but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while.” – Patrick Rothfuss
29. “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
“Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
30. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
31. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.” – Audre Lorde
33. “I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.” – Madonna
34. “There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me.” – Jane Austen
35. “A woman has to live her life, or live to repent not having lived it.” – D.H. Lawrence
36. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.” – Doe Zantamata
37. “There’s something special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” – Rihanna
38. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” – Nora Ephron
39. “Women that believe in each other can survive anything. Women who believe in each other create armies that will win kingdoms and wars.” – Nikita Gill
40. “Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi
“Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.” – Nancy Pelosi
41. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
42. “Women have discovered that they cannot rely on men’s chivalry to give them justice.” – Helen Keller
43. “Strong women don’t play the victim. Don’t make themselves look pitiful and don’t point fingers. They stand and they deal.” – Mandy Hale
44. “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
45. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
One of the most admirable things about women is their ability to get back up even after falling a thousand times. Rarely will you find women who gives up.
This is because women have natural fortitude. While they might have less chance of winning battles involving physical strength, they have endless mental and emotional perseverance that cannot be defeated.
Next, we feature positive quotes for women that discuss genuine beauty and confidence. If you want to succeed in life, you have to make confidence a part of your daily routine.
Quotes for Women about Confidence and Beauty
46. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” – Brigham Young
47. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” – Blake Lively
48. “If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be.” – Maya Angelou
49. “I think the best way to have confidence is not to allow everyone else's insecurities to be your own.” – Jessie J
50. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
51. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
52. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
53. “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.” – Audrey Hepburn
54. “The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
55. “It's all about confidence and how you feel about yourself. There's no such thing as a perfect woman. I like imperfections – that's what makes you unique.” – Hayley Hasselhoff
“It's all about confidence and how you feel about yourself. There's no such thing as a perfect woman. I like imperfections – that's what makes you unique.” – Hayley Hasselhoff
56. “Women wish to be loved without a why or a wherefore; not because they are pretty, or good, or well-bred, or graceful, or intelligent, but because they are themselves.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
57. “Well-behaved women seldom make history.” – Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
58. “Females are the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the whole world. And I think that we are gorgeous no matter what size we are.” – Alicia Keyes
59. “Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
60. “Learn to embrace your own unique beauty, celebrate your unique gifts with confidence. Your imperfections are actually a gift.” – Kerry Washington
61. “Beauty can be consoling, disturbing, sacred, profane; it can be exhilarating, appealing, inspiring, chilling. It can affect us in an unlimited variety of ways. Yet it is never viewed with indifference: beauty demands to be noticed; it speaks to us directly like the voice of an intimate friend. If there are people who are indifferent to beauty, then it is surely because they do not perceive it.” – Roger Scruton
62. “The beauty of being a feminist is that you get to be whatever you want. And that’s the point.” – Shonda Rhimes
63. “Once I learned to like me more than others did, then I didn't have to worry about being the funniest or the most popular or the prettiest. I was the best me and I only ever tried to be that.” – Issa Rae
64. “No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
65. “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
“I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
66. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” – Beyonce Knowles
67. “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
What is beauty without confidence? You have to wear your beauty and confidence like an armor, ready for battle.
Lastly, we'd like to share with you some words of encouragement from the Bible. God believes that women are strong and that they play a significant role in our society.
Encouraging Words for Women from the Bible
68. “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” – Proverbs 31:25
69. “She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” – Proverbs 31: 26-27
70. “In the same way, the women are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything.” – 1 Timothy 3:11
71. “Your beauty should not come from outward adornments, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.” – 1 Peter 3:3-4
72. “You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you.” – Song of Solomon 4:7
73. “Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.” – 1 Corinthians 11-12
74. “She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.” – Proverbs 31:20-21
75. “Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.” – Philippians 2:14-16
76. “God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns.” – Psalm 46:5
“God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns.” – Psalm 46:5
77. “She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands, she plants a vineyard. She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.” – Proverbs 31:16-17
78. “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
79. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts.” – Psalms 28:7
80. “And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.” – Luke 1:45
81. “But as for me, I will look to the Lord, I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.” – Micah 7:7
82. “But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
83. “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31:30
“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31:30
84. “She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.” – Proverbs 3:15
85. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
86. “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.” – 1 Corinthians 15:10
87. “Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
Final Words for Women
You may have doubted yourself a million times; you may have questioned your value, and even thought that you were worth less than men. But those days are over—you are you, and just like any other person in this world, you are destined for greatness and excellence.
To all the women out there, we share with you these words of encouragement to inspire you to be the person you were always meant to be. No more hiding, and no more resisting. Get out there and rule the world.
Did any of today’s quotes resonate with you?
We'd like to know your thoughts! Go ahead and post your comment in the field below. And if you happen to like some of the images, feel free to share them on your social media platforms.
Most importantly, remember that you are a woman—bold, fierce, and dauntless.