There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
A dampened mood is a fierce opponent. Going into a new day with a head full of gloomy thoughts and worst-case scenarios will undoubtedly ruin it. Negative emotions can at times be so powerful that they narrow your field of vision until all you see are fewer opportunities, fear, and anxiety. The good news is that overcoming the flood of negativity is not impossible.
If you’re searching for ways to kick off your day on a positive note, you’ve come to the perfect place. Go through our list of affirmations for a good day to find out how to set a cheerful and optimistic backdrop to your day.
(Side note: Want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations? Check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.)
What You Will Learn
Why Affirmations Are Important for a Good Day
Chances are you probably know at least one of those people who seem to be happy all the time. No matter the issues they’re going through, they’re always able to turn their frown upside down. Of course, this doesn’t mean they’re oblivious to the bad news coming from all sides of the globe, and they’re not avoiding personal troubles either. They’ve simply realized that good energy allows them to deal with problems more quickly and efficiently while maintaining their well-being. Research backs this too. According to Psychology Today, studies conducted by Alice Isen and her colleagues indicate that “people may be better at solving problems when they are in a positive mood than when they are in a negative or neutral mood.”
But if a dash of positivity can give you a gleeful boost to become more proactive and creative, how do you get it?
Most people are swamped with never-ending obligations. Work calls and emails come from all sides, personal errands multiply by the day, deadlines pile up, and the self-care time you’ve carved up in the morning dwindles to make space for urgent tasks. So beginning your day with a few affirmations to brighten your mood only takes up a small amount of your time. However, they will slowly ensure you’ll be ready to face the challenges ahead with a smile on your face and a clear mind filled with fun and innovative solutions.
Affirmations are brief sentences that encourage optimistic thinking. An optimistic outlook is reflected in more confident behavior and healthier lifestyle habits.
When you use affirmations to set the tone for your day, you remind yourself that you have total control over how your day will be like and how you’ll react to anything that happens. It’s good to remember that affirmations don’t only have to be used for improving your day. They’re great for setting a more relaxed and hopeful tone for your week as well. Whatever period you’re going through, affirmations can elevate your confidence, remind you to be grateful for all the good things and people in your life, and help you embrace the future without fear.
Now let’s look at the affirmations, which will definitely let the sunshine in.
60 Affirmations for a Good Day
30 Uplifting Morning Affirmations
- I deserve to have a wonderful day.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- Today I will treat myself and others with kindness and love.
- I am strong and capable.
- Nothing will stop my progress.
- I am fearless and thrive under pressure.
- I am open to learning new things.
- I am a good person deserving of love and affection.
- I create my future with confidence.
- I am ready to experience another beautiful day.
- I am happy for all the people in my life.
- My life is wonderful and full of abundance.
- Others value and appreciate who I am.
- I am excited to accomplish great things today.
- I control how I respond to my environment.
- I am at peace with who I am.
- I appreciate the little things which make this day special.
- Today will bring valuable lessons.
- Today is a chance to live my best life.
- I embrace joy and laughter.
- Today is a good day to make good choices.
- I approach every day with positivity and love.
- I will get through anything.
- Today is the beginning of my dream life.
- I trust my intuition and will fulfill my dreams.
- I look forward to waking up and enjoying my life.
- I attract things that bring me joy.
- I am confident in my skills and abilities.
- I am ready to achieve great success today.
- I forgive myself for my past mistakes.
30 Affirmations to Make a Bad Day Okay
During moments when you’re struggling to keep your head above water, stop for a second to remember that bad days don’t last forever. Try to find that shiny sliver of hope and optimism which will help you push through and elevate your spirits.
- The problems I am currently going through make me more resilient.
- I am grateful for the chance to make the best out of this situation.
- I am alive and can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am grateful for this opportunity to become a better person.
- I make good things happen.
- I know that there are brighter days ahead.
- I take time to reflect on my mistakes and learn from them.
- I am excited to become the best version of myself.
- I am consistent and will achieve great success.
- I deserve all the blessings coming my way.
- Mistakes are the building blocks of success.
- I am stronger than the situation I’m going through.
- My thoughts don’t control me. I control my thoughts.
- I see the good in everything.
- I am not afraid to start over.
- I won’t give up on my goals and dreams.
- What I’m going through is helping me become a better and wiser version of myself.
What I’m going through is helping me become a better and wiser version of myself.”
- I have everything I need to create a perfect life.
- I am surrounded by kind and helpful people.
- I am excited to see what blessings this day will bring.
- My life has purpose and direction.
- I allow myself to rest and value my time.
- My thoughts and feelings deserve to be heard.
- I can deal with this situation with strength and determination.
- I am capable of finding solutions to difficult problems.
- No issue is more powerful than my potential.
- I meet challenges with ease and dignity.
- I invite positive change into my life.
- I handle stressful situations with peace and positivity.
- This day is preparing me for bigger and better things in the future.
How to Use Affirmations for a Good Day
Words are powerful, but they’re not omnipotent. Affirmations will only work if you do too. Making an active effort to notice things that spark joy in your life will help your mind to internalize these positive statements. That’s why it’s crucial that you make them a part of your daily routine, a small part of the day when you slow down and allow yourself to appreciate the power you hold.
For busy bees, writing is a good option. Set aside five minutes each day to jot down at least five things you’re looking forward to. Seeing friends, visiting family, making a hearty meal. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy or complicated, but the warm feeling of happiness and love you’ve awoken will stay with you throughout your day. You will bring that positive energy into everything you do. You might even become interested in keeping a gratitude journal, which is basically a log of all the things that put you in a good mood. That way, even when the doom and gloom feel too heavy to bear, you can flip through the journal and see the affirmations which have guided you towards positive change. If you’re struggling to put your thoughts onto paper, using journaling prompts will help you clear your mind.
Find what works for you, and don’t give up. If repeating the words aloud every morning is your thing, go for it. Consistency is the key to all success, and with a sprinkle of commitment, living happier days is an art you will master in no time.
Final Thoughts on Affirmations for a Good Day
While they don’t work just like magic, affirmations are the closest to magic that we’ll ever get. They ground you in this manic rat-race of the modern world. Affirmations for a good day keep the negativity at bay by reminding you that happiness isn’t external.
Start today with as little as five affirmations. It’s never too late or too early to adopt valuable habits. You can even visit our six-step process for using affirmations to find the best way to implement them into your routine. A happy mind makes a happy life!
Finally, if you want a simple tool to record and recite these affirmations, then check out these 13 affirmations apps that help you create a positive mindset.